I have been deploying a lot of Celerra VSA’s (link here) over the last week. Part of that process has been figuring out why certain bugs or slowdowns occur and doing my best to resolve them (got some cool stuff coming).
Today I ran into an interesting error on a vCenter server while doing the import:
unsupported virtual hardware device: ‘VirtualSCSI’
This error occurs when trying to deploy the Celerra VSA OVA file. After looking around for a bit wondering why this wasn’t working and the other one was, I realized that this vCenter server was drastically behind on updates (no U1). One download and 30 minutes later I had a freshly updated vCenter and tried again.
Bingo – Deployed perfectly. So make sure your vCenter is running U1 before attempting to import the OVA.
Hopefully this helps someone who might run into the same issue